Mr. Gautam Bakshi
Head - IPM
Unichem Laboratories Limited
Mr. Gautam Bakshi, a Registered Patent & Trade Marks Attorney, is currently associated with an Indian Multinational Pharmaceutical Company Unichem Laboratories Limited.
He has previously worked as Head IP for:
- Sentiss Pharma
- Panacea Biotec Ltd (Pharma R&D)
- Intas Biopharmaceuticals Ltd.
He was also associated in past with Dr. Reddy's Laboratories & Torrent Pharma.
Mr. Bakshi holds a Masters Degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences (M. Pharmacy) as well as Masters Degree in Business & Corporate Laws (LL.M.) along with several certifications/degrees/diplomas in IP.
He has several Patent Applications as an inventor to his credit filed in India, US and Europe. He has number of publications and is a Guest Faculty for many institutes, has been a panelist and an expert speaker in a large number of seminars and workshops on IP rights and education, in India and abroad organized by:
- European Patent Office
- PRV - Swedish Patent and Registration Office
- George Washington University Law School (GWULS)
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- US-India Business Council (USIBC)
- Biotech Consortium India limited (BCIL)
- Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)
- National Institute of Science Communication & Information Resources (NISCAIR)
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
- National Productivity Council (NPC), Govt. of India
- National Knowledge Commission, Govt. of India
- UGC Networking Resource Centre
- Tamil Nadu Technology Development & Promotion Center of CII
- University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, UGC Centre of Advanced Study (CAS), Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Department of Biotechnology, Punjabi University, Patiala, Punjab
- Patent Information Centre, Punjab State Council for Science and Technology (PSCST), Chandigarh
- Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
He has a rich expertise in the field of IP. His main areas of interest include Identification, Analysis and Management of IP. He is also well versed with the art and skill of Patent Drafting, Filing, Prosecution, IP Litigation and subsequent procedures thereof.