Samsung wins patent for a 100 percent bezel–less screen technology
Seems like 2018 will be loaded with bezel-less smartphones (save for Apple). Despite advancements in bezel-less display technology a lot of users wouldn’t getting even more than what brands like Vivo and Oppo have achieved by now. But a new patent that Samsung won just a day ago hints that Samsung wants in on the bezel-less trend too and could be looking at display technologies far beyond the Galaxy S9’s.
The Samsung Galaxy S9 Infinity display. Image: Tech2
Samsung seems to have figured out a way to beat the technical issues that might come up due to extra-thin bezels.
This patented Samsung design has four strips and they can be attached to all four sides of a display. These strips can be made from materials such as metal, aluminium or even patterned wood turning them into customisable and user replaceable accessories as well.
The source points out that a similar design can be applied to TVs, monitors and other devices which have a display.
It further states that a similar design is being used by Huawei which is dust and waterproof, two factors which are not included in Samsung’s patent.Previous Post Next Post
- Brand protection and management strategies for Indian exporters to the European Union
- US Practice Patent Tip 7. Is your invention “ready” for patenting? – Part II
- Territorial Jurisdiction and unregistered Licensee of Trade Marks
- Powering Change: Women in innovation and Creativity
- Rapid Growth in Trademarks in China